Lares Trek 4 days
Lares is a small district where you can find the medicinal hot springs, to arrive at this place you have different options you can drive from Cusco or you can hike through the mountains to arrive at Lares hot springs.
join to our 4 day lares trek to Machu Picchu and explore the beauty of the andes and relax in the hot springs after you hike!
The Lares trek combines the beauty of the mountains, lakes, and valleys with the culture. The route that we offer goes through authentic Andean villages, where we will see that the authentic culture of our ancestors is still alive. It’s also a great opportunity for you to learn about their traditions.
The 4 days trek Lares to Machu Picchu tour package is an excellent way to see the Andean landscape, with valleys, rivers, lagoons with crystal clear waters, and forests of queuñas along the way. This alternative trek ends with a visit to one of the wonders of the modern world: Machu Picchu. This is bound to be a unique and unforgettable adventure!
TOUR BY DAY:
- Day 01 Cusco – Pumahuanca – Quyuc
- Day 02 Quyuc – Pumahuanca Pass – Kunkani Village
- DAy 03 Kunkani – Lares hot sprring – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu
- Day 04 Machu Picchu Citadel – Back to Cusco
- Type of trip: Hiking, camping, adventure, history, culture
- Good for: All hikers, including families with younger and active children
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate,
- Considerations: An emergency horse is available during the entire walk
- Start altitude – 2800m / 9186ft.
- Highest altitude – 4780m / 15.682ft.
- Walking distance – 34km / 21 miles
- Longest day – Day 1, approximately 14km / 8.7 miles
- Coolest night – Day 1 around 0º
- General difficulty – Moderately difficult (depends on your level of physical fitness).
- Group size: up to 8 people
- High season: April to September
what's it like
- Pre-departure briefing the night before your tour
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek and back to Cusco
- 04 breakfast 03 lunch 03 dinner snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.)
- Water only you have to take until the first lunch place
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu sanctuary
- bus ticket round trip to Machu Picchu
- horse to carry camping and cooking equipment and your personal duffle bag up to 7 kilos
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 with two guides)
- Dining tent with table and chairs
- Four-man ten for every two hikers
- Sleeping Pad
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
What to Bring?
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit
580 per person
Thank you for taking an interest in booking with Adventure In Peru, please take a short time to fill out the form, and then one of our travel consultants will get back to you with all the necessary information.
Does the Lares trek go to Machu Picchu?
the Lares 4-day trek ends in Machu Picchu you will hike for 3 days day in the afternoon you will take the train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and spend a night in a hotel the following day you visit the city of Machu Picchu.
How long is the Lares trek?
in this alternative Lares trek to Machu Picchu, you will cover 34 kilometers or 21 miles in total this trail is shorter compared with the Inca trail but in altitude is higher making the hike challenging.
How hard is the Lares trek?
This trek is moderate but the altitude can make it difficult for this is very important to get used to the altitude before your hike.
Acclimatization: Spend a few days in Cusco before the trek to acclimatize to the altitude.
Packing Essentials: Pack layers, a good pair of trekking boots, a hat, sunscreen, and a reusable water bottle.
Cultural Interaction: Engage with local communities respectfully, learn about their traditions, and consider bringing small gifts.
Altitude Considerations: Be mindful of the varying altitudes during the trek and take it at a comfortable pace.
Photography Opportunities: Capture the breathtaking landscapes, vibrant villages, and unique Andean culture.
Embark on the Lares Trek to Machu Picchu for an enriching adventure, where the wonders of nature and the vibrancy of Andean culture converge seamlessly.
Before booking, kindly confirm availability by writing to us or engaging in a chat. Thank you!