Machu Picchu Tour By Train
Embark on a captivating Machu Picchu By Train 1-Day adventure, immersing yourself in the ancient wonders of the Inca Citadel. This all-inclusive day trip, departing from Cusco, offers a leisurely exploration of the renowned mountaintop site. delve into the history, construction, and daily life of Machu Picchu’s residents. Ideal for first-time visitors, families, and solo travelers, the relaxed and non-strenuous pace ensures a memorable experience. Uncover the mysteries of Machu Picchu with our expert-guided tour – a perfect blend of history, culture, and breathtaking landscapes.
Machu Picchu Tour overview
Machu Picchu Tour by train full day is an excellent option for those who have a very short time and want to visit the lost city of the Incas Machu Picchu in comfort and fast way. this enigmatic place can be visited in one day or two days even a 6-day Machu Picchu tour, In one day you can explore the most important citadel of Machu Picchu by taking the train tour from Cusco.
The Machu Picchu tour by train is the quickest way to explore Machu Picchu especially if you do not have much time or you are the one that you don’t like hiking, this option is the ideal one for you. You will get to know the most important sectors of Machu Picchu through a guided tour of two hours where you will learn a lot about the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
in our 01 train tour to Machu Picchu, we include entrance tickets nowadays are 4 different circuits at Machu Picchu usually we get the best circuits for our customers which are the 1 and the second but they are subject to availability that’s why we highly recommend you to book in advance your day tour to Machu Picchu to get this two options if there are no more spaces in this two options then we will buy the options 3 and 4 those two options do not take to the upper part of Machu Picchu from where you get the postcard photo of Machu Picchu but still you will visit the most important places or temples of the sanctuary.
Our Machu Picchu tour from Cusco is door-to-door service we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley and take you back to your hotel In Cusco or Sacred Valley.
Tour by day:
- Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu- Cusco
what's it like
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation from Cusco Ollantaytambo and from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- train ticket round trip from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu (expeditions class)
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and 2 hours guided tour of the site
- Round trip bus to Machu Picchu Inca site
What to Bring?
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- November to April rainy season
295 USD per person
Thank you for taking an interest in booking with Adventure In Peru, please take a short time to fill out the form, and then one of our travel consultants will get back to you with all the necessary information.
Where is Machu Picchu located?
Machu Picchu the new wonder of the world is located northwest of Cusco City in the Vilcanota Cordillera 80 kilometers from Cusco the quickest way to visit is by train.
How hight is Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is located in the high jungle at an elevation of 2400 meters (7874.016 feet) above sea level you can go higher around Machu Picchu like the Wayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain and the sun gate needs to be booked in advance these mountains.
How long is the hike?
for this train tour to Machu Picchu, there is no hike in order to get to Machu Picchu, we will pick you up from your hotel and take you in a bus and then by train, of course, you will walk in Machu Picchu in order to explore all the important places that your expert tour guide will show you at Machu Picchu you will find lots of stairs so be prepared and wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
When is the best time to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is open all year round so you can book your day tour to Machu Picchu any day of the year, but in Cusco, we have two well-defined seasons dry and rainy seasons, for this reason, the best time to visit would be from April to October which are the dry season where you will have clear days in Machu Picchu.
The highlight of the Machu Picchu tour by train full day
- the vistas along the train ride are incredible you will see incredible Inca sites and lots of flora, especially orchids
- you will have plenty of time to explore Machu Picchu with an expert tour guide
- Visit the new wonder in a comfortable way with not much effort
- get your postcard picture of Machu Picchu
How long is the train ride to Machu Picchu?
If your train leaves from Ollantaytambo train station to Machu Picchu Pueblo it takes 1:45 minutes there is another train station close to Cusco Poroy train station to Machu Picchu Pueblo takes 3:30 minutes
Location and Structure: Situated on a ridge between two peaks at an elevation of approximately 7,970 feet (2,430 meters), Machu Picchu boasts around 200 stone-built structures, including temples, palaces, and residences. The site’s purpose is not fully understood, but it is believed to have served as a royal retreat for Incan emperor Pachacuti, combining elements of religious worship and astronomical observation.
Tourist Information: Machu Picchu is a must-visit for history enthusiasts, adventurers, and families alike. Due to its popularity, access is regulated, and visitors must obtain permits in advance. The site’s beauty is complemented by the famous Inca Trail, offering a unique hiking experience. The best time to visit depends on weather preferences, with May to September being the dry season.
Getting to Machu Picchu: Several transportation options cater to different preferences and budgets:
- Train: The most popular choice, offering various classes from budget to luxury. Trains depart from Cusco and Ollantaytambo, reaching Aguas Calientes, the base of Machu Picchu.
- Trek: Adventurous souls can embark on the renowned Inca Trail, a four-day hike through the Andes. Permits are required and should be secured well in advance.
- Bus: A budget-friendly alternative involves taking a bus from Cusco to Santa Teresa, then to Hidroeléctrica. From there, a 3-hour walk along the train tracks leads to Aguas Calientes.
Best Time to Visit: Consider your priorities when planning the trip:
- Weather: May to September offers dry weather and clear skies.
- Crowds: To avoid peak season crowds (June to August), opt for April, May, September, or October.
- Price: Accommodation and tour prices peak in the high season, so shoulder or low seasons may be budget-friendly.
Top Attractions in Machu Picchu:
- Intihuatana: A large stone structure likely used for astronomical observation, considered one of Machu Picchu’s most impressive features.
- Temple of the Sun: A semi-circular temple with intricate stonework, offering panoramic views of the surroundings.
- Temple of the Three Windows: A small yet detailed temple with three large windows, providing stunning views.
- Main Plaza: A central open space believed to be used for public ceremonies and gatherings.
Before booking, kindly confirm availability by writing to us or engaging in a chat. Thank you!