Inca Trail 5 days
Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure with our meticulously crafted 5-day Inca Trail journey, exploring the breathtaking landscapes and ancient wonders that lead to the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu. This carefully planned itinerary promises an immersive experience, blending history, culture, and natural beauty.
designed for honeymooners or families who want to take their own time to explore better the Inca Trail hike!
INCA TRAIL 5 DAYS – MACHU PICCHU HIKING
The Inca Trail 5 Days to Machu Picchu is the best known and most popular route among international tourists who come to Peru. The total journey is approximately 45 km and takes 5 days, including a day of visiting the citadel of Machu Picchu. This 5-day trek is an excellent alternative to avoid the 4-day Inca trail. This option is also recommended for families with children because the distances are shorter and it allows to achieve a good acclimatization process at altitude.
The natural landscape is breathtaking with views of snow-capped mountains, tropical cloud forests, and the rich Inca architecture, beautifully preserved. Making your walk a unique and unforgettable experience.
Our 5-day private tour to Machupicchu is for those who wish to spend more time in each Inca site, enjoy more of the valleys and mountains and walk with fewer people.
This option is for people who think that he or they will not be able to do the Inca Trail in 4 days. This is for you. The private 5-day service is very personalized so you can take your own pace and enjoy more about the flora and fauna. On the road to Machupicchu.
Our 5-day hike is recommended for a group of families or friends who want to spend more time together avoiding the crowds and the pace of the classic 4-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
This walk can be done by seniors who want to take their time and enjoy the adventure at a steady pace.
AVAILABILITY OF THE INCA ROAD
We offer daily departures on the Inca trail (except in February because the road is closed for maintenance).
We recommend that you reserve your Inca trail at least 4 or 5 months in advance as permits can run out quickly, especially in the high season, which is from April to September.
TOUR BY DAYS
- Day 01 Cusco – KM. 82 – Wayllabamaba
- day 02 Wayllabamaba – Pacaymayu
- Day 03 Pacaymayu – Phuyupatamarca
- Day 04 Phuyupatamarca – Wiñay Huayna – Machu Picchu Pueblo
- day 05 Machu Picchu pueblo – Machu Picchu Citadel – Cusco
- STARTING ALTITUDE – 2720m / 8920ft.
- HIGHEST ALTITUDE– 4215m / 13,782ft.
- WALKING DISTANCE– 45km / 26 miles
- LONGEST DAY – Day 2.
- COLDEST NIGHT – Day 2 around 0º Celsius.
- DURATION – 4 Days
- GROUP SIZE _ 12 maximum
- HIGHT SEASON _ April to September
- General difficulty: Moderately difficult to difficult (depends on your level of physical condition and acclimatization, this is very important, you must spend at least 48 hours more than 3000 meters above sea level)
what's it like
- Meeting prior to departure the night before your tour.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private bus to km 82 (starting point of the trek).
- 04 breakfast 04 lunch 04 dinner appetizers (vegetarian, vegan option, special gluten-free diets upon request).
- Water (you only have to take it during the first 4 hours)
- Entrance to the Inca trail and Machupicchu sanctuary.
- Porter to carry camping and kitchen equipment and his personal travel bag of up to 7 kilos.
- Expert leading tour guides (2-8 with a tour guide 9 to 16 two guides)
- Dining room ten with table and chairs.
- Four men ten for every two hikers.
- Sleeping pad
- Bus from the citadel of Machu Picchu to the town of Machu Picchu, round trip ticket of day five
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
What to Bring?
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit
- 2 people $ 1,200 per person
- 3 people $ 1,050 per person
- 4 people $ 975 per person
- 5 people $ 940 per person
- 6 people $ 920per person
- 7+ people $ 885 per person
Thank you for taking an interest in booking with Adventure In Peru, please take a short time to fill out the form, and then one of our travel consultants will get back to you with all the necessary information.
How much does it cost to do the Inca Trail?
The cost varies depending on the type of service and inclusions along the trail:The classic Inca trail 4 days group service costs 700 USD all included and the Inca trail 5 days is 890 USD this is usually a private service if you a looking for luxury trips will be over 1500 USD.
What is the best month to hike the Inca Trail?
How many days does it take to travel the Inca Trail?
Is the Inca Trail hike worth it?
How long is the Inca Trail?
Weather on the Inca Trail: What to Expect
Dry Season (May to September):
- Ideal for hiking with minimal rain.
- Days are warm and sunny, perfect for enjoying the majestic views.
- Nights are cooler, especially at higher elevations.
Rainy Season (October to April):
- Expect wet conditions with frequent rain showers.
- Trails can be slippery; extra caution is advised.
- The landscape is lush and vibrant, offering a unique experience.
- Temperature varies significantly between day and night.
- Mornings and evenings can be quite cold.
- Dress in layers for comfort in varying temperatures.
- Waterproof gear and sturdy hiking boots are essential.
- Always check the specific weather forecast before your trek.
Embark on the Inca Trail prepared for an adventure that traverses changing climates and showcases the beauty of the Andes in all weather conditions!
Before booking, kindly confirm availability by writing to us or engaging in a chat. Thank you!